Before the First World War until 1940, Dulacac has two partitions: Dulacac Small and Dulacac Big. The former is under the supervision of the latter.
In 1946 a group of Barangay elders met together and discussed the possibility of separating Dulacac Small from Dulacac Big. They nominated Agustin Catbag and Maximo Mendez as their chairmen.
The council strongly recommended to the chairmen the separation of Dulacac Small from Dulacac Big. The resolution was approved and Agapito Mendez was appointed as the first barrio captain. During his term he forwarded a resolution to the council requesting the construction of a school building and a chapel, which was approved. The chapel was named Sta. Maria. In 1948 a resolution was forwarded to congress through Congressman Aguedo Agbayani requesting to change of the name Barangay Dulacac Small to Barangay Sta. Maria. Pedro Mendez was elected as the barrio Punong Tagapagpaganap (Chief Executive) and was succeeded by Esteban Humilde. A copy of the approved resolution was received in 1950.
Barangay Captain: Danilo Ballesteros
Aron Jamil Aquino
Distance and direction from downtown:
No. of Households: