Barangay Baleyadaan is located at the northern most part of Alaminos, very near the sea. This Barangay was the original town site of Alaminos.
According to an old folk’s tale, there were only few people inhabiting the Barangay. The place was a thick forest. As years passed by, the people cut down some trees to have some portion of land to be planted with rice. Not long, some parts of the place were developed into agricultural land.
Sometime in the year 1818, people were stunned when their place was invaded by people called “Terong.” These “Terongs” look like normal people except that their teeth were black.
These people landed on the shore of the Barangay by means of boat. They travel along the sea just to capture people to be sold to the “Camokons.” The Camokon people look like apes. They have tails and they eat people.
So when the people of the Barangay learned about this bad news, they moved to a farther place and abandoned their houses and other valuable properties behind.
From that time on, people stayed in the present townsite of Alaminos, but after many years, when the Terongs were gone, the inhabitants returned to this Barangay. Since this Barangay was the original town, the prominent people named it “Baleyadaan” (baley, town; ya, an; daan, old) which means “an old town.”
Barangay Captain: Eusebio Fronda Jr.
Distance and direction from downtown:
No. of Households: