THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF THE CITY OF ALAMINOS
Legislation is the power conferred to the Sanggunian to pass resolutions and approve ordinances as provided for in Republic Act 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code (LGC) of 1991.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod, as detailed in the LGC, has the following functions:
1. Approve ordinance and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective City Government;
2. Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues to fund the implementation of development plans, programs, objectives and – priorities of the city with particular attentions to agro-industrial development and countryside growth and progress;
3. Grant franchise, enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits or licenses or enact ordinances, - levy taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purpose intended to promote its general welfare of the inhabitants of the city;
4. Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and structures within the city in order to promote its general welfare;
5. Approve ordinances which shall ensure efficient and effective delivery of basic services and facilities to the public; and
6. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions that may be prescribed by law or ordinances.